Exchange students have to apply for a visa (D-2) prior to their arrival in Korea. Students need a certificate of admission (or letter of acceptance) from Hanyang University in order to get this visa. The home university will require you to hand in several documents in order to get this certificate of admission (or letter of acceptance). Generally, this document is sufficient to apply for a visa. However, depending on citizenship embassies may require additional information like a bank statement. Please contact the Korean embassy in your country to find out which possible additional documents you need to hand in.

We strongly recommend students to apply and receive their visa prior to the exchange period. If students are unable to obtain the visa in time, entering Korea is not possible and will result in a cancellation of your exchange period. Therefore it is very important that the visa is requested and obtained before arrival in Korea.